Posting Date: October 2019
An Account Executive must demonstrate a basic/solid understanding and fluid execution of public relations strategies and supporting activities by taking on day-to-day assignments with limited supervision. Account Executives remain heavily focused on client assignments and management of activities, primarily their own, as guided by senior team members.
Falls Communications is a strategic marketing communications firm dedicated to advancing our client’s interests. We’re large enough to handle the most sophisticated challenges and small enough to be nimble on our feet and highly responsive.
- Develop and communicate creative, innovative and compelling story ideas for the media that will raise awareness of client initiatives and help foster meaningful media relationships on behalf of your clients.
- Prepare and deliver effective oral presentations in internal and client group settings.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and execution of forward-thinking communication programs and plans.
- Manage and prioritize assignments, projects, programs and client budgets related to your work.
- Approach client challenges in a thoughtful manner in order to produce the best possible client solutions/outcomes as possible.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven ability to write well, with minimal editing and senior-level oversight.
- Ability to listen, work and communicate efficiently and effectively with colleagues, clients and all other firm contacts and partners.
- Experience executing basic management of assigned projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Take ownership of a project and work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Capability to exhibit fully-developed time management skills related to assignments.
- Experience in operating in a flexible and adaptive manner within a fast-paced firm environment while demonstrating the following: a consistent quality of work; organizational and attention to detail abilities; effective project management, responsiveness to clients, basic conflict resolution skills and budget management.
- Ability to understand and act upon public relations strategies, theories and activities that support learned concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, journalism or marketing.
- Minimum of three to five years of strategic communications or equivalent industry experience required.
- Prior firm experience preferred but not required.