Assistant to The President
Posting Date: January 2020
The Assistant to the President is expected to provide flawless, confidential support to the President/CEO of the Firm. The role requires a professional with a real passion for organizing others and making their days run smoothly. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and capable of managing their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment. Most importantly, the individual is detailed oriented and reliable.
Falls Communications is a strategic marketing communications firm dedicated to advancing our client’s interests. We’re large enough to handle the most sophisticated challenges and small enough to be nimble on our feet and highly responsive.
- Serves as a positive, administrative “ambassador” for the President/CEO in all assigned duties.
- Handles the President/CEO’s extremely active schedule by maintaining an organized and up to date calendar. Resolve meeting conflicts efficiently, while prioritizing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Coordinates executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with clients and colleagues, ensuring professional and timely responses to all parties.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for the President/CEO and provides relevant background information in advance.
- Assists with the preparation and distribution of presentations, documents, reports and other materials as needed ensuring a consistent, accurate and professional product.
- Provides assistance with special events, and provides back-up receptionist duties.
- Works with internal Accounting/Operations team to reconcile various monthly invoices and credit card statements.
- May be asked to perform general office tasks such as ordering office supplies, making arrangements for on-site client lunches and managing vendor accounts.
- Supports the President /CEO in ad-hoc special projects and other administrative duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Significant experience working as a trusted partner in the “need to know” confidentiality circle, handling sensitive information and assignments where sound professional judgement and discretion are required.
- Ability to self-manage, independently prioritize, solve problems, and effectively handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, while taking direction as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple details accurately, on time and under pressure is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five to seven years of administrative experience with at least five years working with Executive Leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Interested candidates should send cover letter and confidential resume. No phone calls please!