Director, Social Media
Posting Date: February 2021
The Director, Social Media is passionate about all things social. The Director will develop social media strategies for our clients, integrating paid, owned, earned and share platforms to deliver social media programs that build reputations and deliver business results.
In this role, they will be responsible for optimizing the integrated social media process, manage work flow of a cross-functional team of communicators, creatives, media planners and analysts, and ensure social programs are continually improving.
Falls is a rapidly growing team of public relations and media relations professionals; writers and editors; branding, advertising and creative specialists; content marketers and strategists; digital technologists and designers who craft world-class marketing solutions based on research driven insight and seasoned expertise.
This is a long-term career opportunity in a creative environment that provides the training and support necessary to excel and advance your career in the rapidly growing digital sales and marketing space.
- Lead the development and execution of social media campaigns and digital creative.
- Understand audience affinities and interests to ensure social programs engage audience interests and support business objectives.
- Establish the social platform strategy and develop content calendars that are clear, executable and measurable.
- Work with a cross functional team of communicators and creators to deliver day-to-day social project and content ideas.
- Partner with other Falls team members to understand the marketing and communications objectives and ensure the social programs support and amplify objectives.
- Establish key learnings and report insights from social program performance across clients.
- Identify new social trends and emerging platforms and counsel agency colleagues and clients on how the new trends or platforms should impact social programs.
- Manage and clearly communicate timelines, budget and resource needs for agency, client and external partner teams.
- In partnership with department leads, create and optimize the social process, workflow, documentation, measurement and creative standards.
- Identify any issues and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively and respectfully with internal team members clearly communicating client objectives to the team.
- Present ideas and work to the client with professionalism, enthusiasm and integrity
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with online marketing and social analytics tools.
- Management experience with agencies or other teams/departments.
- Proficiency with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snap, TikTok, YouTube.
- Strong understanding of the social space.
- Helps identify and anticipate potential problems and identify alternative solutions.
- Prioritizes assigned projects and revises plans when required.
- Makes realistic/workable commitments, sets expectations.
- The ability to thrive in a high velocity and collaborative work environment.
- Maintains positive relationship between agency and client.
- Helps meet goals set for client.
- Must be able to manage multiple project simultaneously.
- Motivates self; needs no prodding or direction.
- Offers unsolicited suggestions and ideas.
- Changes course of action when appropriate or necessary.
- Maintains clear communications channels with all agency personnel.
- Understand, contribute and support Falls objectives, goals and strategies.
- Bachelors or higher degree.
- Experience in a digital marketing role.
- Experience managing Fortune 1000 marketing programs.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar role.